Your benefits at a glance
All about film with high Barrier Properties
This high barrier film is an approach to conquer the challenges of future sustainability. Today, most barrier films are incinerated after use. The recycling of multilayer barrier film is not possible due to the incompatibility of different materials such as PA, EVOH, tie, and polyethylene resins. By using the G-Polymer instead of EVOH and through innovative recipe development it is now possible to separate the polyethylene based material (Tie and PE) in a water basin from the PA. Thanks to different densities of polyolefines and polyamides, a recovery of pure materials is possible – leading to recyclable materials, which then can be reused for film production.
Perfect melt homogeneity and excellent melt distribution are key for the extrusion of G-Polymer with a constant layer thickness. This ensures the barrier function and the recyclability at all times. The film flatness can be improved by the long and driven collapsing frame in the haul-off unit.
Why VAREX II
Perfect melt homogeneity and excellent melt distribution are key for the extrusion of G-Polymer. The result is constant layer thickness in the film. The flatness of the film can be greatly influenced by the long and driven collapsing unit in the haul-off unit.
- Innovative die head and extruder design for perfect melt distributions
- The designable mandrels of the MAXICONE die head concept are a perfect fit for your application
- Our extra long and driven collapsing unit is necessary for an optimal flatness of the film
- Our G3-module (Gravimetric Throughput Control unit) guarantees constant weight per m2 of film thanks to automated processing
- ARCTIS cooling ring in combination with W&H internal bubble cooling for high output and perfect film tolerances
- Our PROCONTROL TS is the highly intuitive single point of operation system that integrates all the line operations and enables smart machine learning
The VAREX II is based on a modular concept that enables optimal user- and product-specific configuration options, thus offering the greatest possible flexibility in product design. The development of the VAREX II was driven by productivity, flexibility, automation, and sustainability. Every component is designed to deliver consistent, superior quality film at top outputs.
- Maximum product flexibility through individually customizable VAREX II extrusion platform
- Best in class film properties ensured by patented machine technology
- Best winder portfolio in the market tailorable for every film application
The VAREX II is equipped with fully integrated automation. The user-friendly, intuitive PROCONTROL TS user interface covers all machine components – from pellet supply to winder. The LT and HPS screws not only process conventional polyolefins – but also recycled materials and even bio-based plastics. They guarantee consistent and perfect melt quality. With the specialized MAXICONE die design highest flexibility of producible products as well as best film quality can be achieved.
Our Service for your business
Experienced specialists support you 24/7 worldwide via our free Hotline Service.more
Develop your potential to make the most of your production. Discover our training offers.more