Sustainability Update 2023: Globalizing Efforts and Advancing Goals
In 2022, Windmöller & Hölscher embarked on a journey to redefine sustainability, moving from values rooted in our traditional, family-owned heritage to embracing a strategic, comprehensive approach across environmental, social, and governance dimensions (ESG).
The 2023 Update to our Sustainability Report is a testament to this evolution, highlighting our global integration and strides in sustainability. For the first time, the report spans the entire W&H Group, showcasing the efforts of our newly implemented regional Sustainability Managers.
Here are some highlights of what we have achieved from autumn 2022 to autumn 2023:
Environment & Social
- We are targeting a reduction pathway of 21% greenhouse gas reduction in Scopes 1 and 2 within 5 years. In 2023, we achieved an overall reduction of 33%, exceeding this reduction target.
- W&H continues to be at the forefront of innovation for a circular economy, developing packaging solutions together with partners along the value chain. In the last reporting period, more than 10 additional solutions were presented. Visit our Circular Economy page for an overview of the growing number of examples of packaging that are fit for a circular economy.
- W&H once again achieved the highest scores in the "Fairness" section of our employee survey, giving us a good scorecard in our goal of equal opportunity. A special focus was placed on students who are not yet working at W&H, with additional activities in the areas of career guidance and vocational training.
- W&H continues to support its local communities by sponsoring sports, educational and social clubs.
- We are proud to be a family-owned company with a long-term strategic focus. In 2023, the generational change in the Executive Board was implemented while maintaining this sustainable organization with a renewed high level of commitment from our shareholders.