Say Hi to the Future
W&H presents new machine technologies and packaging solutions at K 2019
Windmöller & Hölscher, specialist for machinery in the flexible packaging market, will be presenting new developments in three areas at K 2019: Efficient production, sustainable packaging and PACKAGING 4.0. The highlight for trade fair visitors is the VAREX II blown film line in operation at the booth. The daily machine show in Düsseldorf will feature live demonstrations of the new TURBOSTART assistance system, which enables time savings of up to 50% when stopping and starting the line. The CONVERTEX bottomer for PP woven bags can also be seen in operation at the trade fair booth. On four exhibition days, W&H will be offering a shuttle service to the headquarters in Lengerich, where another 13 lines including extrusion, printing and converting machinery will be presented.
Highlights from W&H at K 2019
- RUBY: New IoT system for digitizing the value chain.
- Mono-material laminates: stand-up pouches made of 100% PE material, produced on the VAREX II blown film line with Machine Direction Orientation (MDO) and stand-up pouches made of 100% PP material, produced on the FILMEX II cast film line.
- Recyclate use: Two fine shrink films with recyclate shares of post-consumer plastic produced on the OPTIMEX II and recyclate shares of post-industrial material produced on the VAREX II. An FFS film with use of chemically recycled material is shown on the OPTIMEX FFS.
- Recyclable high barrier film: Separation of PE/PA materials in high barrier films for better recyclability using a water soluble layer, produced on the VAREX II.
- TURBOSTART: New automation in blown film production enables 50% time savings when stopping and starting the line.
- DIE CONTROL WIZARD: Up to 70% time and waste savings through automated product changeover in cast film production.
- OPTIMEX II: New generation of the blown film line specialized in PE materials with more output, simpler operation and new design.
- OPTIMEX FFS: Up to 20% higher output in the production of FFS bags including 4 colour printing on an inline printing unit. The system will be shown at the EXPO in Lengerich running 500 kg/h.